These delightful balloon sculptures are the astounding work of Masayoshi Matsumoto, a Japanese artist. He isn’t a party shyster, rolling out gimmicks for a quick buck. This guy puts that breed to shame. His dedication and precision ensure inspiration. Check ’em out!
1. He doesn’t even use adhesives or markers on these. The flamingo looks fit for flight!
2. Another jellyfish tried to mate with this one.
3. Yep, the gleam of this one is so realistic, it is a little unsettling. Job well done.
4. Watch closely. He might just leap atcha.
5. AH! Imagine those fangs getting into you.
6. Beautiful coat, toro!
7. The beady eye knows your secrets.
8. Kinda sinister, no?’
9. The artist also makes balloon sculptures based on popular culture characters and fantasy figures. With these, he does use sparing touches of marker.
10. Imagine the hours this would take! Remove pins, needles and pets from your home.
11. Cute things!
12. These little guys would be quite a present.
13. Road Runner lives!
14. That bear on the left is insane!
15. Grumpy bird. Mouths to feed.
16. Owl knows best.
17. He may be made of little more than thin air and creative determination, but most people run from him.